The Science of Clear Thinking (digest)
Thoughts can override beliefs
Fire Up Confidence
There are 8 confidence-building actions:
- Gain some new skills
- Recognize your own successes
- Believe in your potential
- Learn from your setbacks
- Get some support
- Show confidence in others
- Act as if
- Expect to BE confident
Neale Donald Walsh says:
- "Every decision you make - every decision - is NOT a decision about what to do, It's a decision about
Who You Are.
What can you do if you feel stressed, confused and uncertain? The fastest way out of a
mind freeze is to choose one from among your possible solutions and take action.
Getting clarity starts with cutting through your emotions and putting some clearly focused attention on the problem at hand. Start with a cold and analytical definition of exactly what the problem is.
Try to setp outside of yourself and look at it from the eyes of someone other than yourself.
Your brain naturally focuses on one thing at a time.
Movement in any direction will break your mind free from the cement of indecision. Your action will provide new information and experiences.
Even if you make the wrong choice, at least you will break free of mind-numbing indecision and come to more clarity!
"You can't teach an old dog a new trick"? Well that might be true for dogs, but it's NOT TRUE for humans!
Focus on these question:
- What is the meaning of my life?
- Is there anything I would like to change?
- What makes my life truly worth living?
- What lifestyle do I want 5 years from today?
This is how success began: It's in dreaming of, and committing to, big, expansive, seemingly impossible
3 Steps to Your Goal
- You must be clear about who you are, and exactly what it is you want to achieve.
- Commitment is the fuel that keeps your fire burning.
- Focus is not a casual part of this process. Apply Rob's 20%-80% rule to everything you do, and especially to how you invest your basic life currency - your time.
- Allow yourself to dream a really BIG dream
- Balance how you use your time and resources
- Focus on things that can make a real difference
- Take consistent, focused, committed action
Get What You Want
- Start by deciding
exactlywhat you really want. Instead of focusing on many goals at once, turn your focus to ONLY ONE you are committing to accomplish during the next 30 days.
- Read your goal out loud EVERY DAY.
- The ultimate way to successfully achieve anything you want is to create a realistic
action plan, and take specific
Grab a blank piece of paper and draw a line down the middle lengthwise. On the left side write your goal. Then on the right list at least 5 things you can do in the next three days that will take you closer to your goal.
Make sure that you list at least one task you can do
immediately when you're done with this exercise.
Then assign a specific time within the three days that you will have each of the other 4 actions completed.
Position the piece of paper in a prominent place, then go to work on your immediate task.
At the end of the three day peroid, set aside a couple of hours to plan further action steps for the coming three days.
In fact, I myself am using KanbanFlow instead of paper